Thursday, May 12, 2011

Same Old

Today was an uneventful day which can be nice.  Didn't have any real plans so that left the day wide open.  Sometimes not having something to do makes the day longer.  And today I could not wait for nap time so I could relax.  I got set up on my favorite spot on the couch and with remote in hand I was ready to watch some dvr'd shows.  One minute in to Criminal Minds the show stops playing.  I see that the dvr taped only one minute and eleven seconds of the show.  Now this really makes me mad.  One, because I want the machine to work the way it is supposed to.  Two, this is one of my favorite shows and CBS does not have it on demand.  So when technology fails me I have no back up to be able to watch it.  This happened to me once before and I was just as irate.  I checked hulu, I checked cbs.com and it was no where.  In the grand scheme of things missing an episode isn't the end of the world.  I am sure I will be able to find it on a repeat at some point in time.  At least it wasn't the season finale.  Then we would have had trouble.  Haha
Instead of watching my dvr'd shows I will partake in my guilty pleasure.  No, it isn't blogging to you, it's watching the biggest loser.  I don't dvr it because the ration of crap I get from David isn't worth it.  Luckily for me it is on demand and I get my fix that way.  I just think that the transformations these people go through is amazing!  Not only that they give you good exercise and nutrition tips that I can use in my own life.  Can being the operative word in that statement.  I do use some of them.  I have to keep in mind that I do not need to lose 100 pounds and although it isn't good for them , I can have cheese in my salad.  I mean some of thee people have lost more than I weigh.   That just boggles my mind.  I hope they have money for a new wardrobe.  They can't go around in biggest loser t shirts and workout pants for the rest of their lives.
So, today was a same old same old kind of day.  Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog where I discuss my angst over going to a nightclub for the first time in 8 years!  I mean what does a mom in her 30's wear to a club?  All the episodes of Jersey Shore I have watched haven't helped me one bit.  Haha, I don't really watch Jersey Shore.  That is until it is on demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment