Friday, May 13, 2011

Nobody Panic

Ok, I have to admit that is a bit of an exaggeration.  I seriously doubt any of you were in panic mode over what I was going to wear to tonight's festivities.  So, that leaves only me in need of a deep cleansing breath.  Now that we have that out of the way, and I feel so much better now thanks for asking, I can tell you that my outfit is picked out.  And by picked out I mean that I have narrowed it down to the pants and shoes and narrowed down the selection of tops.  Have no fear, I will not bore you with another tale of my "what do I wear woes".   But I will say this, it is a genuine part of my life and one that seems to be stuck on replay.  Got to get that fixed.  I am sure that tomorrow's episode will give you the details on my outfit as well as a play by play of the evening's events.
For those who have no clue what I am going on about I will fill you in.  Tonight David and I are going to Splash nightclub in Boston.  David's friend/business partner(sometimes the order of those reverses) is a dj and he is spinning the tunes tonight.  So we are going.  I have not been to a club in Boston in many moons, or to translate that--8 years.  Yes, the last time I was in a club in Boston was 8 years ago.  We did go to Peter's birthday party last year, but I don't think that counts as a club because it was in a private room off of a restaurant.  It was more upscale bar then club.  You put together the fact that I haven't been to a club in ages and have no idea what people are wearing these days together with my attire issues and we could have had a meltdown of nuclear proportions.  I asked my single 30 something year old cousin or advice and got pretty much what I thought would be her answer.  My only problem with that is that my vision of how I should look does not always correlate with how I actually look.  So thinking I could rock skinny jeans a tank and heels might look better in my head than on my body. 
As I was returning from my run with Jeff this afternoon I had a "thunk on the head" moment.  You know, when all of a sudden what you were grappling with just seems to make sense, as if someone thunked you in the head.  I realized that if I tried to be someone I am not then I would be uncomfortable.  Put feeling uncomfortable in a place that is making me uncomfortable and all I have to say is,"Houston we have a problem".  I knew that I had to dress in a way that made me feel good and looked good.  A good part of sexiness is confidence.  If I am confident in the way I look then I will exude sexiness.  And that is what I was going for.  See?  It just all seemed to make sense.  I am not looking to hook up with a random stranger or meet my match in life.  I am going with my husband to support his friend.  I don't need to look like everyone else in a variation of jeans and tank shirts.  I need to look like me.  Albeit a more sexy version then you see on a daily basis.  A low cut shirt and make up should do that trick.  Stay tuned for the next installment where I tell you about my night at Splash.  Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment