Friday, May 27, 2011

Alright Already

So, I promised all of you a blog entry yesterday.  Seems I have been struck with some writer's block.  But, I always do what I say.  So, here I am sitting here and having a virtual chat with you.
I did something new today.  That in of itself is a big deal for me.  Stepping out of my comfort zone is something I struggle with.  As I am sure many of you do as well.  In that regard I know I am not unique.  But anyway back to my new adventure.  I went to an acupuncturist today.  It was a pretty cool experience.  It didn't hurt like I was afraid that it might.  I mean let's get real here for a minute--they are sticking needles into your body.  It was so nice to hear, "Let me get some smaller gauge needles, your wrists are really small."  Heck I will take a compliment of any sort that has me and small in the same sentence.  I mean, who wouldn't.  So, it was a very relaxing experience.  The lady I went to was not a zealot trying to persuade me to buy this that or the other herbal concoction.  Or telling me that I needed a zillion treatments.  Or telling me that physicians are witch doctors.  What I liked about her is that she was trained in western medicine before she decided to explore the eastern philosophy.  So she is very balanced.  A lot of times you see people that work in alternative medicine to be die hards that only believe in their particular field.  This lady acknowledged the positives to both.  Most importantly I was instantly comfortable with her.  A lot of times that does not happen for me with new practitioners.  It's almost like going on a first date.  Will I say the right things, will they think I am crazy, will I think they are crazy?  Needless to say I booked another appointment and I am looking forward to it.  It might be the only 15 minutes I get of complete quiet next week.  Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment