Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why Oh Why

Hello my friends.  My favorite peeps in the world.  Of course you are my favs because you read and hopefully follow my blog.  Yup, my new little pet project.  Which I have been told I am not taking seriously enough.  Who would have the audacity to ridicule me you ask with an audible gasp.  Thanks for the look of shock your faces.  I appreciate the support.  The person daring to claim that I am not serious or devoted to this would be the one and only teenage stepson of mine.  Or on some days my husband's son.  If you are a step parent you all know what I mean.  This from the lovely child that has never blogged a day in his life.  Who knows if he even reads blogs.  I do know he isn't reading mine.  I agree with all of you.  If he isn't participating in supporting me then he has no right to comment!  Once again, I appreciate your love and support.
So, today's topic is why oh why.  As in I planned to take Jeff out for a run this afternoon.  That being me running and him riding on his  jogging stroller.  So, I decided to shower after this because I would be sweaty.  Big news flash right!  Yes, I am one of those very un-elegant girls who sweats like a man when I exercise.  Anywho, during his nap the skies clouded over and it began to rain again.  If anyone heard the rain last night it was pretty heavy.  I thought we were in for another deluge.  So I figured a run was out of the question so I showered.  Now, as I sit here talking to you the den is flooded with sunshine.  WHY OH WHY!!!!  Now I have to decide if I want to take off my pretty outfit to put on workout clothes and get sweaty then have to shower again.  I really dislike showering twice in one day.  So, I try to coordinate my personal hygiene with my exercise and oh, of course Jeff's schedule.  Not an easy task some days.  It would have been nice of I had seen the weather report this morning.  But David was home and Sunday mornings are meant for DIY channel.  I got to watch Mike Holmes do a really cool project, but he definitely didn't help me determine when to bathe today.
I put Jeff down for his nap at 10:15.  He usually goes to sleep within 10 minutes or so.  One would think today would follow suit because he was so tired.  But oh no.  He played in his crib for over an hour.  Then finally fell asleep when he was supposed to be waking up.  At least he wasn't crying or complaining.  WHY OH WHY!!!!  Not sleeping when he is supposed to sleep messes everything up.  OK, maybe I am being a little melodramatic.  It may not mess everything up but it sure screws up my day. And you know what they say.  "If Mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy".  Which is actually a crock of you know what.  If the baby ain't happy, everyone ain't happy.
That being said I am off to wake him up.  Not an exceptionally fun or terrible task.  He wakes up pretty easy and usually with a good disposition.  I have to admit that I do get the teensiest bit of joy out of it.  Kind of like a bit of karma for the first 5 months of his life when he was the one waking me up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment