Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Quiet But Not Always Peaceful

I got some unexpected quiet time this morning.  David was heading out the door and Jeff was having a little fit because he wanted to be with his daddy.  This scene usually ends with David having to leave and Jeff waving bye bye daddy through tear stained cheeks a I try to distract him.  All while avoiding spilling my hot coffee on him because I am usually holding my I love mom mug when all this transpires.  But today David said put his shoes on and he can come with me.  I don't think anyone could get a pair of sandals on a toddler faster.  Don't get me wrong, I adore my son.  But morning quiet time is a precious commodity and I will not waste any opportunity to get it.  I get Jeff's sandals on and bring him out to David's truck and say, "Here you go.  He wanted to be with his dad.  Thanks!" David says to me, "Yeah he's sick of you."  Of course that leads me to ponder the question can your kids get sick of you. I will wait for all of you with older kids to get up from the floor when you fell there laughing and finish my thought.  Can kids this little really get tired of their parents?  I think it has more to do with the dad being the "fun"one out of the pair of us.
Anyway, I didn't spend too much time dwelling on it.  I liked the answer I came up with and I was alone so did I really care how I got that way?  Ummmm, no.  Ahhh, peace and quiet.  What shall I do?  Well the dishwasher needs to be emptied.  I can do that a lot quicker with Jeff gone.  Ok, that's done.  Now I can clean up the breakfast dishes and wipe down Jeff's high chair tray.  That's a lot easier without a toddler pulling on your legs or trying to push you away from the sink so you won't stand there.  That's always funny when he tries that one.  If only the dishes would magically do themselves.  Now off to change the sheets in Jeff's crib.  But I don't have time to wash his blanket before nap time and the spare is in the laundry too.  Shoot-guess that will have to wait.  Back downstairs to make my Target list.  Gotta figure out when to get there.  Probably Thursday since Jeff has his 18 month checkup tomorrow.  Ok, let's sit and enjoy your coffee now.
Damn, its gotten cold.  Dump that one out and make a fresh cup.  It doesn't taste as good if you warm it up in the microwave.  Now, let's sit and have a nice cup of oh the boys are back.  My quiet time is done.  And I didn't manage to sneak any peaceful time in there.  Oh well, at least I got some things done.  Now to get Jeff down for a nap and hop in the shower so I can scoot out to acupuncture.  Whoever said stay at home moms have it easy should have their own comedy central special.  Yeah, they are that funny.  Note the heavy sarcasm.  Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment