Thursday, July 7, 2011

Who's The Judge?

Long time no see.  I guess the heat has gotten to my brain.  I have been very absent indeed.  I really have no excuse.  There is A/C in the room where my computer is.  I guess I am just kind of tired when I am running after Jeff all day that in the afternoon I like to kick my feet up and relax.  I have been trying to get through Pride and Prejudice without feeling like a complete moron, and there are some new summer time shows on TNT and USA that I have dvr'd.  I know, I know none of these things is more important than my readership.  Alas, my will power lags as the humidity rises.  Yet, let's not dwell on things of the past and just enjoy each others company now.  Says the one who has been absent.  Pish posh, let's move on.
So, I was talking to an acquaintance of ours today.  Back story is his wife left him and their child a while ago.  Like almost a year ago, a while ago.  Recently I saw a moving van in front of their house.  Using my best spy tool, which is taking Jeff for a walk, I managed to overhear the child saying that she was back.  Now I try very hard not to be judgmental and the truth is I fail more than I succeed.  Here is this guy looking happy, and talking about trying to work things out and I am thinking "What the hell is he doing?????"  Of course I didn't say that to him but I was thinking it the whole time I was talking to him.  I don't know if I could do it.  I don't know if I could take that person back.  I mean do you just forget all the heartache and not to mention what is it doing to the kid?  She's left before, what if she does it again? Obviously it is not my place to interject my opinions into anyone's relationships.  I have learned the hard way not to do that even if asked because the truth is that person just wants to vent not get your advice.  Even if they say, "I want your advice".  They already have a preconceived notion in their head and really they are just hoping that you agree with that notion.  Am I right or am I right?
I would like to be less judgmental of others.  Even if its simply to not comment on the atrocious outfit I see or behavior I witness.  It's a lot harder than it looks.  For now I am working on not letting my judgment show on my face.  I am a very expressive person so this is a monumental task for me.  I can only get better if I try.  So I try and try and the try some more.  Probably why I am too tired to blog.  Maybe not but it sounds like a good excuse.  Hey, don't judge me!  Ha ha.  Til next time........(and who the heck knows when that will be)

No comments:

Post a Comment