Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hold This and That

Went for a brisk walk with my little man this afternoon.  Brisk because of the gale force winds that seemed to be pushing us the whole way.  I knew it was windy before going out but it looked too nice to stay inside.  It was a very pleasant walk.  Perfect temperature, the wind didn't make you freeze and my little guy got to see all of his favorite sights on the way.  Thank you bus, ambulance and motorcycles for driving by us.
For dinner tonight is pizza.  I didn't feel the great urge to cook today so takeout it is.  I like to have a salad with pizza.  I feel like the roughage balances out the dough and cheese.  Lately I have resumes my love affair with greek salads.  Of course I can't just order the salad.  I have to say hold the olives and the onions.  I have never liked olives(texture issues) and onions can either agree or disagree with me and I usually don't have a say in the matter.  Some places all I get is lettuce and feta cheese.  Great salad you're thinking right?  But some places throw in a couple cucumber wedges and maybe a stray tomato.  If its a really fancy place they throw a pepperoncini on top.  Of course I don't eat those either.  Most times its lettuce and feta.  What I really like is the dressing.  If its a creamy greek dressing I am in heaven, the oil based ones are just plain gross.  I will avoid ordering whole establishments if they only offer their "house" dressing and its oil.  So, the moral of the story is I get a salad to balance the dough and cheese and end up eating lettuce and cheese with dressing on top.  Hmmm, I sense an oxymoron there.  Yup, welcome to my world.  Hold the sarcasm.  Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment